Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day Gift

Last late June we got a bicycle for Sweetie for his birthday - yes, early. When we got him an awesome bike I told him that he going to use it. Sure enough he joined Team in Training. He began the program at the end of January. He trained and raised money in Deb's honor. Because I got him into the program, and the race fell on Mother's Day Weekend, I told him all I wanted was for him to complete the race. Yesterday, was his event day. He participated in the Armadillo Hill Country Ride. He completed 107 miles with a smile. He is truly amazing. I am beyond proud of him. MIL, Mom, Bug, and myself went and cheered him on. We were lucky enough to see him at two rest stops and at the finish. I am beyond proud. And might I add, he is so super fine on his bike - he looks like a pro. Here are some pics from our wonderful day.

This is Sweetie and Bug at a fund raising event: Here he is coming in for the finish:We are so proud of him:They had showers on site - so nice. This is Sweetie at the finish after a shower. He was on top of the world:My Daddy can bike over 100 miles, can yours?
It was a wonderful day. I am very proud of him.

2 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I don't comment much but I do still read.

I loved Bug in the last picture with the finger and the caption, adorable!

Congrats to your husband that is amazing and it is so wonderful to see the support he received along the journey!

Happy Mother's Day to you Missy!

Grammy G said...

It was a great day and Terry was awesome. You have every reason to be proud of him. We all are!