Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Where did the year go?

Last Wed we celebrated L's b-day. We all took off from work/school and just hung out as a family. La Madeline was our breakfast (where he and I love the oatmeal), then some learning store exploring, park playing, and finally cake at G's. It was a day where it truly made me appreciate my husband and kids. We are a great family. Then on Saturday we had the party. It was at our favorite park with some family and friends. Of course, L didn't know what was going on, but he had fun. He never stopped walking - that is my little man, always on the go. Yesterday was his 1 year check up. The boy is healthy and big. 29.5" 22lbs. The only issue is that he has an ear infection. We had no idea. No fever, no complaining, no pulling. She said he has a high tolerance of pain - yep that is an understatement, lol. So there it is Sweetie and I are parents of a big kid and a toddler. I am smiling feeling complete as he keeps talking of a third :-) He cannot deny how much he adores being a dad. And now that the party is over we can plan our date day. For his marathon I bought us massages - we are going to do that as well as a movie and food. Sounds like heaven to me. As far as I go, I am still in a bit of a weight loss plateau. That is OK as I am focused. 31 weeks until 35. My studying has more motivation now as well. My new boss is pushing for me to finish the certification. This is good - I need some pressure to get things done. So I think that is a valid summary. Life is busy and hectic and wonderful. Everyday I am thankful for what I have :-)

No comments: