Monday, June 28, 2004

A Little Anal Are We?

Ok so I admit it, I am anal. While my desk or house do not reflect this - it is true. I like things to be even, planning with an even number of weeks, and I want to know what is going to happen beforehand so that I can plan accordingly. While I am an anal person I am also such a procrastinator. I truly believe in playing today and working tomorrow to make up for it. This is not good, I know. However, this is my biggest fault. I received my transcripts from ACC. This is the last thing I need to complete my application of intent - actually intent is already filed only need to send transcripts. Hopefully I will gather the two transcripts and put together an envelope tonight. I know I did not get it in the mail the day after receiving it because I am afraid. This is a huge test and I get testing anxiety. I know that there is a thought in my mind that says "well if you don't send this in, you won't be able to test, or be able to fail". I never said it made sense. The people at Bisk CPA review told me to plan on studying 100 hours for every section. This is a lot of studying. So I have to plan, I cannot procrastinate with this. And I know with my anxiety that I may need 200 hours per section.

Here comes my anal portion. I have been trying to figure the best way to test. I graduate on May 14, 2004. There is a very big part of me that would like to have all testing and school done when I walk the stage. I even know that with taking only one class in the spring that I can possibly handle two sections while completing one in Oct and one in January. Then I got the crazy idea that I will prepare for all four sections and then over spring break take time from work and take all four sections. This sounded great. Time to complete the reviews and time to get it out of the way.

Then I hit a wall. After figuring up the study time needed for every day I realized, you cannot take any portion of the CPA in March.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to square one.

No comments: