Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Today is the Day

Today is my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. I am nervous. And it is not because of what you think. I am nervous that he will say that there is nothing he can do - or if there is something - that the process will take so long.

I am the kind of person who likes to see results now. I am that way with everything, even buying cars and houses.

I have not been good food or exercise wise. I know it is because of the appointment. I simply want to know. It is also partially due to my group. A couple of the people in my group of friends are having trouble right now.

I have to say that it is very interesting and rewarding being in a group of friends that care about one another. Last night I met with two. While we discussed the two members that were not present, it was not gossip or insults. We discussed how we can help. We got a plan and spoke from our hearts with the need to help.

I have had some pretty crappy friendships. I have enough horror stories to fill a blog. However, I am like the phoenix. From the absolute lowest with a friend I recreated myself with the help of a new friend. One that watched from the sidelines as I went down in flames. Together she helped me to become reborn - no that is not the right word, more like reestablished. The results - outstanding. I am more confident and feel that I deserve to have friends that like and respect me.

Another amazing thing is that our husbands get along as well. My sweetie has benefited greatly from this friendship. It is so nice to see him hang out with someone who respects him and knows how to tell a good joke.

She got me involved with a group of friends that she brought together. She is much stronger than she believes. Together we are a very unique group. We support each other in being the best that we can while trying to have fun.

Last night reminded me of this bond. How proud I am to know these beautiful and strong women. I am even prouder to be accepted by these women.

No comments: