Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Time to Walk

It is that time again - Time to lace up my walking shoes and prepare for an upcoming half marathon. I completed the Motive Bison Stampede in November 2003. While I have not lost weight since this marathon, was hypo-thyroid and now on medicine to make me normal :-), I am hoping to shed a few pounds during this training. I have 23 weeks until the event, Nov 21, 2004. This is plenty of time for me to not only train but also achieve an appropriate base. I did not have a base when I began training in August 2003. There are three reasons why I will participate in this marathon again. First, the proceeds go to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, Second it is only a couple of miles from my home, and lastly it nearly kicked my butt last year. This year is revenge.

1 comment:

terry said...

Revenge is best served after 13.1 miles of cold asphalt.