Sunday, April 13, 2008

Moved my buns

In spite of terrible allergies, we did it. I wasn't feeling top notch so my goal was to simply finish the 5k. I hoped the exercise might help me to feel better. Sweetie was awesome, yet again, and was my partner through the race. Once again I didn't take a stopwatch, like with our last race, and I focused on going at a good pace that felt good. I even ran the last .10 of a mile.

I wasn't obsessed about the time. I didn't even check the website until getting home from the grocery store. Damn if I didn't get yet another PR. Not a huge time improvement, but enough to make me feel better in spite of my horrible allergies.

It was a great race. My knee is a little sore but overall I am feeling good from the event. The best part was meeting up with BestFriend after the race for our traditional post race brunch. She sat this one out, but I still wanted to celebrate with her. I might still have to go into the doc next week for some antibiotics for my sinuses.

Three races down, two to go.

No comments: