Sunday, April 27, 2008

seeing some light

I went to the Dr on Friday for my results. And I have some good news to post. I am healthy. I am very healthy. Cholesterol, triglycerides, thyroid - all in check. YAY. The dr put me on some happy pills. I just need a little help in getting me in balance. And she put me on some that I can still work for #2 while taking them. So now I just need to get to the weight I want to be before starting to try. I am happy to say that I am already noticing the medicine starting to work.

Yesterday was the Texas Roundup 10k. I have a hurt foot - not sure the issue but it hurt. Well, I still went and did the 6.2 miles. And yet again I proved myself. I did it in 1:40:07. That is awesome for me. Please remember that I am a walker and not a runner. I took a little over 3 minutes off my time from the last 10k a month before and improved my minute per mile pace from the last 5k two weeks ago. The hills yesterday were rough - my butt is sore, if you don't know, you use your glutes more when you walk up hill vs walking on flat. Yep, sore. One more race and I will have finished the Sprint Challenge. This also will be 1 year of doing the 5ks and 10ks with focus. YAY me. Then I don't have another big race until August 31 which is the Nike+ Human Race 10k. Sweetie is going to run it so I will be on my own - luckily I have some time to train.

I have pics to post, but for some reason they aren't uploading in a timely manner. I have cute ones of Bug to post as well as the traditional BestFriend/me race photo. Oh well, perhaps two posts in one evening.

Thank you for your kind email/comments. It is nice to know that there are people who are supportive and understanding. And, yes, I need a trip to H-town soon.

Oh and I have to say that my life is a musical. My Bug, Sweetie, and I all sing made up songs. This is our normal routine. Sweetie didn't use to do this, but after living with me for nearly 11 years it just catches on. Bug just started singing her sentences to me - too damn cute.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yay for being healthy! That's great news! So impressed with your racing!!!

You definitely do need to come to H-town!!! We'd love to see you!

Crista said...

Hey! I've gotten behind again (on everything and everyone) but glad you have found some light and things are looking up. Too funny about the singing. Bella has been singing since before she could talk, I swear, and often times we have no idea (still) what she is singing. I call it the soundtrack of her life. :)