Friday, December 26, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS and all that

That time of year is upon us again. Another Christmas has come and gone. This year was odd. The season went too quickly to do all we wanted, people were missing from the fun, and I fought my own sadness. But I did what Christmas is all about for me, focus on family and friends. Sweetie and I spent this week cleaning. The house had been neglected in a bad way. In no way were we ready for a white glove inspection, but it made me feel so good. SIL is right, having people over is the best motivation to keep a house clean.

Christmas Eve was so much fun. I had to work for a few hours but nothing horrible. I had to even go back in so I took Bug with me. That was fun. Of course our weather was warm and she and I enjoyed the windows down on the ride, too funny. Christmas Eve was at our house this year. We enjoyed a scavenger hunt of sorts, making our own sparkling sodas, decorating cookies, homemade waffles, and opening presents. It was exhausting and fun.

Christmas Day was laid back. Due to Brother moving we decided to do things differently. Instead of full dinner we had sandwiches. It was fun and relaxing. Sweetie got me a WiiFit for Christmas, thanks to his best Elf helper BestFriend. I started playing it today. AWESOME. It is fun. I plan to use it with my walking. I don't know why but it seems that I feel more accountable with the wiifit than just weight watchers. Perhaps it is because Sweetie can see my progress on the TV.

Along the same lines we are talking about waiting to try for #2 until I lose some weight. We want to take care of any risks that we can. I am not waiting to be at goal weight, we are wanting to get a move on - lol. However my goal is to lose enough to get into the overweight category and not obese. As I say this we might change the plans if at any given moment. Speaking of health and all that, I am finally feeling better. I got on another antibiotic on Monday and I think finally I am kicking this sinus infection/cold that has lingered for over a month. So that is good.

So you might be wondering where are the Christmas pictures. There is an awesome story which goes with that. You see I need to upload my pics from two cameras. Yes, two. Santa brought me a Nikon D200. So half of the pictures are on my normal camera and half on the new one. I love the new one even though I am still learning how to use it.

OK back to enjoying the long weekend. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

No comments: