Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Things are as crazy as normal in my world. We got the tree up on Saturday night but finally decorated it last night. Bug is so much fun this year. I love it. I just want to soak up every second with her.

This weekend was BestFriend's b-day. We had some one on one time on Saturday - much needed with great fun. Sunday was a group playing pool and going to see JCVD. It is such a good movie. Nothing like I expected. And seeing it at the Alamo Ritz downtown was very awesome.

The best part of the night was driving home, all five of us in the car. I see a sign for an insurance company.
Me: "Acceptance insurance, I don't think I would want an insurance company named acceptance"
BF: "What about Rapture Insurance?"
Me: "Is there Rapture Insurance?"
Shawn: "Yes, Jesus"
Come on that was funny, you know it. It was like a script sooo funny. I was crying with laughter.

We walked the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning - yep all 5 miles. Sweetie ran with BestFriend and MIL walked with me and Bug - who was in a stroller. It was fun. There were some nasty hills, but it was fun. Next 5k on the radar is the Jingle Bell.

Thanksgiving was at SIL's MIL's. This is the first year since 1998 that I did not host some sort of Thanksgiving feast. It was very different. I didn't think I was that big on the parade but seeing it made me feel like Thanksgiving. The walk was good for us and I would like to keep up the tradition. But missing the parade was a little sad. That and not having my Sweetie smell like smoke. He always smells the best at Thanksgiving. I think I might have to make him smoke something for Christmas on these even years where we don't have Thanksgiving but have Christmas Eve. That and with Brother not here, it was just different.

No comments: