Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! This year is filled with much thanks. This has been a hard year and I am coming through it stronger. I am thankful for my health and strive with the new year to improve it even more. I am thankful for my Sweetie. He is my everything. Our relationship has gotten even stronger through this year. My friends are amazing. They know when to step back and when to step in and come over without calling. There are many friends that I wish I had seen more of recently, but lives are busy. The part I am thankful for is that I know when I need them, they are on call. I am thankful for BestFriend. She is my rent-a-sister. She trusts me and believes in me like no one else. I am thankful for Bug and Mom for much of the same reasons, they give me hope, make me feel safe, and take care of me. All of my family and friends are amazing. I am thankful for the family in town, miss the family out of town, and feel very lucky for the friends that I have met over the internet.

This Thanksgiving is SIL's MIL's. It will be completely different than others. For one, since we are not hosting we are able to attend the Turkey Trot. That is right. Instead of sleeping in we are getting up and getting together with BestFriend and MIL and walking 5 miles. WOO HOO. Since Brother moved and will not be with us this year, I am happy that it will be so different.

This whole Thanksgiving week, really week and a half has been great: organizing, bachelorette party, seeing Thomas, bowling with BestFriend, sushi with Jim, seeing Cirque Jungle Dreams with family, seeing Thomas again, making dessert for tomorrow, tomorrow is the walk and dinner, Friday is P from work's wedding, Saturday is girl time with BestFriend, and Sunday is movie and pool with BestFriend to celebrate a special day - it is the one day out of the year that isn't her unbirthday - heehee.

I am thankful for my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly makes me who I am. And, quite frankly, I think I am pretty cool.

Please keep praying for Deb. She is fighting hard but is missing her 8 year old daughter this Thanksgiving.

May everyone have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. And a special warm wish to Brother. May it feel warmer than the 22 degrees forecasted.

No comments: