Friday, August 06, 2010

cheers

My party lifestyle is out of control. Friday night, sitting in L's room while he plays in his crib instead of sleeping. I am blogging while Bug sits on the bed working on her number books "preparing for kindergarten". Sweetie is in the living room checking on some spots while Phineas and Ferb plays in the background. We are very crazy. I am celebrating the day with some Baileys. So what to celebrate?

First, today was the work weigh in. I am happy to report that I did not have to pay. I even made 115 in the process. After weigh in I decided I wanted to celebrate. I was going to allow myself something indulgent. I thought long and hard about what I wanted. My spurge? The chicken pecan apple salad from Wendys. I love this salad. It isn't low in points but is much "healthier" than a burger and it was what I really wanted. I made sure to track each point still, even though I was celebrating. I still have my b-day goal in mind. We finished the day at Red Robin (yum). Best Friend and her crew had dinner with us to celebrate Sweetie's b-day. I had, once again, what I really wanted - a veggie burger with melon. Yes, it was a high day. But I feel in control as I tracked everything and had it in my weekly allowance.

So the money at work was found. Please know this is not real money missing but rather money on a recon. I found it last night while working until 9. I was happy - not ecstatic. I knew there would be a battle. I had my proof of what was off, system changes caused it, and now we have to deal with what to do with it. 2010 will be SO MUCH cleaner. I just want to get done with 2009 so I can move on. Hopefully after working this weekend I will be able to report that I am done and all that is left is the audit. Since the auditor arrives on Monday, this better be the case.

So I am celebrating, I can prove that I can lose weight, I finished part of a recon I have been working on for weeks (and feel good about how I completed it). I got to see BestFriend and that always makes me smile. Now for a weekend filled with walking, cleaning, studying, finishing this damn rec, and family time. We get to celebrate Sweetie one more time for his b-day tomorrow. We always do b-days up big around here and they last and last :-) Speaking of which, I need to look up points.

Now my baileys is done, L is sleeping, and Bug finished another part in her workbook. It is time for sleep as walking will come early. Here's to another inspiring, insightful, and relaxing weekend.

No comments: