Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Amazing Day

Yesterday was amazing. We went to our first prenatal visit. My family doctor recommended this doctor so I had never met him. I was worried that we might not like him. That is so not the case. We love him. He is amazing. He made us feel like we were his only patients and that he was genuinely happy that I was having a baby. Both my Sweetie and I liked him right from the beginning. He is also a more laid back doctor - I can have coke in moderation - like one a day.

Then the most amazing thing happened. We got our first sonogram and got to see the heartbeat. The heartbeat was what I was looking forward to. This is a good sign that the pregnancy will not miscarry. Not only did we see the heartbeat, we saw a strong and steady heartbeat. The doctor said that it is a healthy baby. My Sweetie and I both teared up when we saw it. We knew I was pregnant, but to see it - that was amazing. We got to see what we made - that our love created life. And that our life will never be the same.

Everything looks good. The doctor said we will get better pictures during the next visit. The only thing is that my uterus is tilted forward - while I am more tilted than most, I am not out of the range of normal. I think it is why I am starting to show. My weight is good. Have not gained since I found out I was pregnant - so I am technically down since getting pregnant. They also took blood for a wide variety of tests - unless something is bad, I will not get the results until our next visit on December 1st.

I told my work yesterday after the appointment. Let me just say that I told two people at one hour before I left yesterday. Almost everyone I know knew yesterday, or at least this morning. Word travels fast around here.

No comments: