Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time for family and friends to gather and give thanks for for everything that we have.

This year I am thankful for many things. Over the past year my Sweetie and I have experienced the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. I am thankful that our relationship is stronger than ever as we anticipate the new life growing inside me.

Summary of the past year

~I walked the Motorola Half Marathon for Team in Training
~We both left jobs that were sucking the life out of us
~I became a member of DeltaMuDelta - honor society
~I received approval to sit for the CPA Uniform Test
~We both found good jobs
~We saw Sarah McLachlan in concert
~We found ourselves again and the confirmation that we are soulmates
~We created life
~We are stronger than ever before

This past year feels like a decade. So much is different from a year ago at this time, it is so much better. It is funny, sometimes you don't even know things aren't going well untill things get better. I guess it is true, it is darkest before the dawn.

My emotions - which are on high alert right now - have me deep in thought. Life is not about fairy tales. In fact, fairy tales don't exist. And you know what? I am happy about this fact. I am not perfect and my Sweetie is not perfect. Knowing this, losing this expectation of perfection, allows for pure love. I love my Sweetie unconditionally. Not many can say this. I, however, know this is true. I know that I will love him no matter what. This is why I believe we are soulmates. No matter what happens we are drawn to eachother for support.

As I sit writing this - taking a break from my ethics paper - I watch my Sweetie prepare smoking the turkey. Since it takes an hour per pound, he stays up all night preparing for the Thanksgiving feast. He has not smoked the turkey since Thanksgiving 2000 due to my Sweetie working in the service industry and such. It is so nice having him in a job he likes. He really hasn't been happy at work since the end of 2000. What a difference being happy at work makes.

I am simply so happy right now.

To sum it up:

I will be the answer at the end of the line
I will be there for you while you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance if you cant look down

No comments: