Saturday, November 27, 2004

Wonderful Thanksgiving

While the turkey took an extra hour to smoke - it was well worth the wait. Everything turned out wonderful. To a full table, with the most guests to date, we went around the table stating what we are thankful for. I began and over a chocked up voice told my Sweetie that I was most thankful for us. My mother went next telling the table that after 9 months of being out of work, she has found a job and starts Monday. My Sweetie finished. While everyone else was talking we held hands. At his turn he said "I am thankful for the family I had, the family I currently have, and the family I will have. But most importantly, I am thankful that you (looking at me) are here to hold my hand". By the end we both were teary eyed. It was perfect. We have so much to be thankful for. After the meal we played games and had a wonderful time. I simply could not have asked for a better Thanksgiving.

No comments: