Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Windy City, Closet Madness, Appointment Update

I am sitting in the swing my Sweetie bought me for my b-day (and put together while I was out of town). I love wireless internet. I am very happy and trying to think of everything that I need to post. The sky is a beautiful pink and blue. It looks like cotton candy. I think the colors are very appropriate considering my mood today.

Today is day two of feeling good and day three of my 2nd trimester. Monday was really bad with morning sickness for over 24 hours.

Chicago was good. I missed my Sweetie so much. I got to see snow and a cool museum though. I came home to a fully renovated closet. New paint and new shelving, with everything neatly put away. It was/is amazing.

We had another appointment on Friday. Baby is much bigger than a month ago. His/her back was to us while lying on its side. What we did see is a beautiful spine and a bit of a dance. My husband was so happy.

I am finally allowing myself to become excited since we are past the most dangerous time for miscarriages. And it is hitting me hard core. I love being pregnant. I love my belly - I started really showing the week of Thanksgiving. I believe this is my last week for my jeans. My Sweetie laughs about it. The funny thing is that my clothing fits everywhere excpet the belly. And I know it is all for baby since I have lost 7.5 pounds.

The funny thing is my Sweetie. He is so into this whole process. And he can't stop touching my belly, or my newly enlarged boobies (but I digress). He loves that I am starting to look pregnant and he loves going to the doctor's appointments with me. While in the waiting room I asked if he felt uncomfortable. He said no and that everyone knew why he was there, since few men (other than doctors) enter the office. He beams with pride and I can't blame him.

The hormones are hitting me hard as well. I started crying last night with the Nestle Tollhouse commercial about little hands. Then I got so frustrated that I cried harder when my Sweetie pointed out that I was acting pregnant. Today was the same situation. On the way to and from work I listen to the all holiday music channel (Chrismas is my favorite time of year). It was the first time for me to hear "Mary did you know" this season. This is one of my favorite and I cried and cried.

I am happy and that is all that matters. My Sweetie and I have big dates planned for the next two weeks. We are going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and the Nutcracker. This Christmas is about us since from this point on we will no longer be two.



No comments: