Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Day One of Vacation Complete

This week is our vacation. Since we are saving for a baby - we vacation from home. Yesterday was deemed lazy. We succeeded in our goals. We slept late and enjoyed waking after others found themselves within the working day. My Sweetie made me cinnamon drop biscuits for breakfast - sooooo yummy. After several hours of magazine reading and surfing the Internet (once again I love wireless) we decided to go shopping. OK, so actually it was my need for pants that got us out of the house. My pregnant belly is too large for my pants. I refuse to spend the crazy prices for maternity pants so I bought jeans two sizes larger. I must say nothing makes you feel thin than jeans almost falling off. For now I will enjoy the feeling :-) My Sweetie was so wonderful and stated that he did not care about the price of the pants; he simply wanted me happy and comfortable.

The next stop was the best. We went to look at the crib we want again. My Sweetie was so worried that they would no longer have the one we fell in love with. On the way, I had this strong feeling that he was correct – that they no longer make our model – but I knew we could get it – I even had the feeling that we would get the crib at a reduced price due to purchasing the floor model. Also, keep in mind that my only hesitation on this crib was the fact that it was 100 over what I wanted to pay. Now I have had ESP before. I am happy to say that this time was not for something horrible, like normal. We went to the store discovered the company that makes the crib went out of business – not due to recalls or any safety reasons. To top this off due to BabysRUs policy if a damaged box enters the store, they must open and assemble it. Once assembled it must go onto the floor. If there is already this model on display, the new one sells for 30% off. Weren’t we happy to see this crib marked down? Nothing is wrong with it. But we did pay more than 100 off the original price, and making the after tax price close to the price I had in my head. So I was right, they no longer make the crib, we were able to get the crib, and we did receive the floor model at a reduced price, and I knew we would spent about 200 on a crib. Now this does not include the mattress, but we are very happy. We pick it up today. We still have a lot to move out of the room, so I cannot put it together tonight, although I would love to ☺

Dinner was at home – Sweetie made me a wonderful dinner. We ate and enjoyed Simpson’s Monopoly – I won!!!! It was a wonderful lazy day.

Now on to today – Arts and Downtown day.

No comments: