Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Last Workday of the Year

Yes, poor little me, is watching the clock for my last 22 minutes of work for 2004. I have tomorrow and all of next week off. This is a great feeling because my Sweetie also has this time off (less tomorrow that is). We are going to treat it as a week long anniversary celebration. I can't wait.

Last night's Yule dinner was so wonderful. 14 of my favorite people around a large table makes for a cozy evening. Luckily Dark Diva used a very large table that was her mother's so there was enough room for all. After a dinner of goose, mashed potatoes, and cranberries, we enjoyed a walk down to the Lago Vista lake. The sky was wonderful for us. Without needing a flashlight we walked by moonlight. The water and the scene of everyone at this location was very surreal. It reminded me of something out of a movie or a video game. The older of DarkDiva's girls loved this scene. Playing by moonlight was second nature to her (she will be 3 next month). Once again I felt overwhelmed with the comfort that I feel around these people from all walks of life.

During the night we also made plans for Boxing Day (December 26th). Motodiva wants to make a large Christmas dinner. Since everyone has plans on Christmas day, she opted for the day after. This meal should have even more lovely people than the Yule dinner. I think it will be a perfect way to end the holiday weekend. The newest member of our group will also attend this dinner with her family. I can't wait to meet her daughter - she is just over 1, the same age as DarkDiva's youngest.

This Christmas season has been wonderful so far. I know it will only get better. I am feeling a lot of peace and comfort lately. This makes me smile.

I am off to head home, take a nap, and begin cleaning for Christmas eve. All is good.

No comments: