Thursday, December 30, 2004

Day Two-Three Vacation

First, I must post that we do not have a crib. We went to pick it up on Tuesday and there was a huge confusion with very crappy customer service. They wanted to give us the floor model in pieces without any boxes or wrapping of any kind. These were items promised. After discovering that Babies-R-Us did not have anything to protect our crib from itself, we opted for our money returned.

Otherwise, Tuesday was a wonderful day. We slept in, drove downtown, visited my Sweetie’s office, and had lunch at Chipotle – mmmmmm bols. After, we walked to the Austin Museum of Art and the ArtHouse (Contemporary Gallery).

The Austin Museum of Art has a wonderful display of Andy Goldsworthy. His work is simply amazing. My Sweetie and I love galleries and museums so we ate up this display. While walking back to the car, we stopped in at the ArtHouse. The current exhibit is Lounge and consists of several chair swings from the ceiling. They were very comfortable. It was a wonderful outing. The night was not ruined by Babies-R-Us. We went to a nice dinner and finished the evening with me beating my Sweetie with another game of Monopoly.

Yesterday was yet another lazy day. We slept late, played with legos, ate lunch, and headed to a Baby furniture store that we found on-line. After a long drive, we discovered that the store is no longer in business. However, we did find ourselves near Terra Toys. This is an awesome toy store. Toys define my sweetie and me ad much as museums and galleries. We had so much fun. Toy stores are so different now – at least for us – we look at items we want for our baby and which items are not appropriate. All in all – these outings make us simply long for our new little guest. There was a turn of events last night. We played Monopoly again. This time I lost. I must get back my winning streak – lol.

This week is so wonderful. I love spending time with my Sweetie. He is wonderful and my perfect match.

No comments: