Monday, January 03, 2005

Day Four of vacation and New Years

Day Four was our last real day of "our" vacation. We slept in, ate breakfast, slept more and headed to USA Baby. I know that it is still a large chain, but it is nicer items with MUCH better customer service. The location is close to SKIDS - although it seems to take forever to get there now. It was a wonderful way to end our vacation.

Friday was relaxed as well. My Sweetie, mom, and I went to ICOM to help clean up. It appears the end is very near. This was very emotional. I started there over 7 years ago. It is where I worked when my father passed away, where I brought my mom to reenter the workforce, and where I determined that I wanted to go back to school for accounting. I learned a lot of lessons there. This was the first, of many, steps of independence for me. During the two years I worked there I got married, bought a house, and went back to school. Not too shabby considering I started at 20 and left at 22.

Friday night - New Years Eve. It was exactly what I needed. I only wanted to be with my Sweetie, not meaning wanting to be alone, but wanting to be near him. We had a party invitation, but I did not want to get out in the traffic and hustle and bustle. Instead we had my brother, SIL, and mother over for snacks and games. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

Saturday - New Years. It was nice and laid back. My Sweetie, mother, and I went to Luby's for lunch - tradition. Then we were spontaneous and went to see The Incredibles. I liked it a lot.

Sunday was the normal routine of shopping and chores. However, we did have dinner with Best Friend, her husband, and her oldest friend. This past week is when I have really started feeling better. No getting sick for over a week and a half. It is so amazing. But that really is for another post.

No comments: