Sunday, January 09, 2005

Weekend Insight

As music heals, movies remind us. The cinema shows us an alternative to our ordinary life, a chance remind us of how things could be. I am a very passionate person, what I listen to and watch affect me deeply. I relate these moments to my life and use the characters' lives to reflect on my own. The results, for me at least, are my life is better than I thought it was going into the movie.

Another thing that fascinates me on a daily basis, and probably why my first major was psychology, is how every person's life is different. Even when living under the same roof, each life is individual. My thoughts, emotions, and experiences are my own. No one can take them from me. At the same time, others may try to alter your universe, to penetrate the umbrella of happiness. I believe it is up to you, the attacked, to choose if the umbrella begins to leak and cause unhappiness, or if you dance in the new exposure embracing the changes and allowing a learning and growing experience from the situation. After life, what is life without learning and growth?

I am not certain of my stance on reincarnation. However, either way, I think we need to try to get the most we can out of life. I am not referring to items, money, or status. I mean learning with life experiences, in learning how to be a stronger and more independent person. I believe life is a constant evolution of oneself. At least that is my goal. No matter what is handed to me, and I have been handed some nasty shit, I try to grow, expand, and learn more about myself during these trying times.

I am no saint, there are days that I dwell too long on the badness. I have to pick up my frame of mind and turn it to the good aspects of life. Sometimes this is hard. Depression causes the mind-set to feel cemented in at times. However, it is my goal. My Sweetie says I am strong and compassionate. How I can deal with things and how, I try at least, to keep a positive outlook, impresses him. Just as an example, I can take the most horrible of days and create wonderful memories to sit along side. I do not replace the bad in the day - I simply create good around it in order to learn from, grow from, and in the end became a happier and more well-adjusted person.

I think the most important thing about life is to learn from, never forget completely, hold no regrets, and move on. Once a minute passes, we cannot change it. Once an action completes we can no longer take it back. Regret is a waste. I have always believed this. I try to live without regret, to live embracing the moment focusing on the future. While what happens in the past defines us, the present is the only moment we have to live.

I believe in fate, signs, and meant-to-be's. I think that events happen - good or bad - for a reason. And after something bad happens the best thing in to do is to take stock in your current situation. The present must outweigh the past.

Now that I rambled long enough. I will end with this. I am so very happy right now. I embrace the future as I see how wonderful the present treats me. I focus on continual growth and development. I will not allow the past to drive me or define me.

No comments: