Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Baby and Anniversary

Yesterday marked the next appointment with our OBGYN as well as our 7th wedding anniversary. We started the day at the doctor. While we did not receive a sonogram this time, we did get to hear the heartbeat. It is wonderful. Just another visit to make this event more real.

We then headed to the Georgetown courthouse to purchase my Sweetie's vehicle registration. I didn't mind - it meant more time with him on our special day. After, we went to WhataBurger, as we do every year. You see after our wedding we were hungry so we went to WhataBurger in our wedding wear for dinner. The limo did not fit in the drive-through so we walked in. Every year we go for lunch or dinner in honor of this special day. We finally made it in to work at about 1:30. That makes for a nice and short day.

We celebrated after work with dinner at our favorite Chinese place of all time, Nanking. The evening was rather relaxed since our vacation served as a week long celebration. We did enjoy the remaining portion of my non-alcoholic cranberry apple champagne and Godiva chocolates, which is another tradition of ours.

Gifts? You want to know about gifts? Of course you do.

My Sweetie tries to stick with the traditional gifts, or rather the material of the traditional gifts. For example our first anniversary he made me a dozen paper daisies and a book filled with original poems. 1st anniversary is Paper. Our 5th he carved his love into wood. 5 is wood. Seven is cooper and wool. I received a medium sized square copper bowl filled with pebbles. Inside the pebbles held a white vase. In the white vase are flowers made from wool. On top of the rocks are many pieces of folded up paper naming the reasons why he loves me. My Sweetie is so very romantic.

I gave my Sweetie a large copper colored metal star that holds a candle. When lit the light comes out through many small holes. Inside the star I put an original poem about the importance of stars in our relationship right now. I also gave him a very neat picture frame for his desk at work. This is to symbolize our future. Along with these items, I took a copper pen and wrote renewal vows. As you can tell, we both are very romantic.

I think back 7 years ago, I was 21 and he was 22. We thought we knew everything. We thought we were adults. We were not. Yes, we paid our bills and lived on our own, but when I look back I see ignorance. Every year with this man is better and better. Even the hard years have something better about them. Whether it is learning from mistakes or overcoming obstacles in a way that brings us closer together, every year we become closer friends, more intimate as lovers, and a stronger couple.

The events of this past year prove to me that we can overcome anything. Together we are unstoppable. I love being married to my Sweetie. I cherish everyday that I have with him. I am honored to be the woman that stands by his side.

I love you Terry.

1 comment:

terry said...

There is no reason for me to ever doubt that you love me.

I adore you. Love you. Cherish you. You make me so happy and I want to be with you forever.

I love you, Melissa.

-Terry