Monday, January 17, 2005

Weekend Warrior

This weekend was busy. Friday night my mom, Sweetie, my Niece, and I all went to dinner and shopping. We had a b-day party the next day and needed presents. My niece is so wonderful. She is 8 and I love it when she comes to visit. I hope we get her a couple more weekends before the baby comes - just time to enjoy her. We ate at WhataBurger - it was her decision. It is amazing to watch an 8 year old eat adult sized hamburgers lol.

Saturday was very interesting. Suprisingly it did not scare me into a stupor. We went to an indoor kids play place. It was packed. DarkDiva's oldest turned 3 and this was her day to "pay". While she loves me, she adores my Sweetie. She is his little friend. We played for almost 5 hours. That makes for a long day.

One neat thing about the day is that I ran into someone from high school. We were in Brownies together. While we were not friend's in high school - we knew of each other and held mutual friends. Her little girl is so adorable. It was so nice to see her. She looks so happy and reminded me of the good people in high school.


Saturday night was laid back due to the busy day. I did not mind. Sunday was the grocery store after a wonderful breakfast at iHop. My niece was slightly bored with the outing - a sign of her growing up. The remainder of Sunday was easy going - watching TV, playing games, and laundry. And, of course, my Sweetie cooking me dinner.

No comments: