Wednesday, January 19, 2005

5 more sleeps

I can't stand it. 5 more sleeps until I get to see my baby. The last sonogram was at 12 weeks. The change from 8 to 12 weeks was simply amazing. I can't imagine from 12 to 20. I want to know more about this little person inside me.

I am half way through my fourth month. I am running out of time of gradually increasing workouts before my third trimester. So last night, after eating a Wendy's hamburger (single with cheese) and watching The Biggest Loser, my Sweetie and I headed out for a short walk. Although I could have done more I am listening to everything that I read regarding starting slowly. The walk was wonderful. I love walking with my Sweetie. Which is good since he helped me get through the last part of my last half marathon as the break stations began packing up for the day.

Today was crazy at work. Nothing like year end and a quickly approaching audit to make everyone want something - what is this number, analyze that number, one more entry, update that rec. I don't mind. But sometimes I want to say "Can't you tell that I am working on something else that is tedious. I will come to you when I have a moment". It is hard to be the Absolute Dictator.
Short version of that story is that my boss named me absolute dictator only after a month or so of my arrival.
I still am very happy where I am. I love the hours, the pay, benefits, and the ability to chat with friends and family during my workday. If you are an accountant you know, it can get pretty quiet during the busy times.

With as tired as I am right now, waiting to finish this post before I head home, not eating lunch until almost too late - stomach empty is a very bad thing, and a headache, I still enjoy my work. I feel that I am challenged on a daily basis. I was working with the Assistant Controller today and started day dreaming about being in his position. I would love to be an ass controller - hahaha. Seriously I am happy where I am. I think after I return from maternity leave I will focus on trying to climb the ladder in front of me. Of course, with all the changes in my life recently, I will be very picky about any change in ventures.

I was thinking last night about the pregnancy. Oct 5th, when we found out about our future, seems so long ago, years even. I am coming up on my halfway point in the pregnancy. I can't believe it. It makes me smile to think about the day we found out. The shocked expressions on our faces when we found out. The walk to our cars, because we met at the doctor, and stopping and hugging, crying, and kissing, and my Sweetie lifting me off the ground. The meal at WhataBurger - although I barely remember being there - LOL. The day ended with our best friends and their reactions were so wonderful. Such a perfect memory.

Now with a big belly - and no longer able to look down and see my feet - it still seems so unreal. I can't believe it is happening. I can't wait. Thank goodness work is busy. Tomorrow I get to post only 4 sleeps until baby.

No comments: