Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Another Semester

Today marks my last semester. In as many ways as I am happy about this day, I also have sadness. Over 5 years ago I started at my wonderful school. I love my school. It is small, beautiful, and focuses on values that others do not. I do not judge anyone for not attending my school - this was simply the best option for me to finish not only my undergrad degree, but my Masters as well. Very soon I will no longer have the pride of calling myself student. I did not realize how much I love this until this last semester approached. For the last 5 years I have been working while attending school. This impresses people, as well as myself.

This break was wonderful. 6 weeks off is very nice - and rare with how a trimester structured program works. While I have had the holidays to distract me, overall I have felt a need to do something. I like the structure school gives me - even when I am stressed and procrastinating.

I know that right after graduation I will not be thinking about the lack of school in my life - my focus will be on our baby. However, I am already looking at the next venture for myself regarding learning. My Best Friend still believes that I will go back for my PhD. We shall see. Not yet. I am thinking more along the lines of learning Spanish.

My favorite photo of me and my Sweetie was taken after my graduation for my BBA. I hope that I will have the same kind of picture after my MBA graduation. Of course, I will be huge by then. I only hope that I can attend the ceremony :-)

I go to campus on Saturday - this is an internet class so there is no set class times on campus after this orientation. This will be my first time to walk around my campus since I started showing. That is going to be very strange for me. I know of several women that had babies while attending SEU. However, to me, it seems to make me stand out as a non-traditional student even more - even though I am younger than the average age for the MBA program.

Time to stop my ramblings and head home. I am very tired from the days work, perhaps a bubble bath is in order.

No comments: