Wednesday, January 12, 2005

High School Reunion and Other Thoughts

My high school reunion in this summer. I assume, based off of other reunions, that it will be around June. Perfect timing, huh? I decided if I am nice and cutely round that I will attend. There are a few people that I would like to see and shove my pregnancy in their faces - sorry hormones and all :-) If I recently had the baby, there is no way that I am going. Because of this fact, I dream a lot about high school. The dreams are not me when I was in high school - but rather me going back. Several dreams have me having to go back to finish my MBA. Where I must take high school courses in order to graduate. In one I even planned on attending the prom and thought - wow I will be so pregnant then and reminded myself that I am not a normal graduating senior. This makes sense. I am graduating with my MBA 10 years after high school. I am very proud of this fact. I have issues with some that I might run into at the reunion and am trying to prepare myself. My goal was to look great - but now that I can't lose any weight, I have to focus on cuteness.

Pregnancy is interesting - it brings out many feelings and about things that you don't expect. I am overly emotional about everything. Family and friends are dear to me. Those who try and cause problems with my family or friends get me irate. It is hard to explain. And here I am going off topic.

It has been almost 10 years since graduation. What has changed? Well I am sitting at work, for one thing. I also am very happily married, own a home, almost have an MBA complete, and am working on bringing a new life into this world. I am also a very different person with very different friends. My self esteem is higher, in spite of my weight being higher as well. I am a completely different person than I was then. My only real constant is my Sweetie. For this reason I do not think that I will be that upset if I miss the reunion.



No comments: