Thursday, January 13, 2005

150 days

As you can tell from the top of the page - if you are reading this on 1/13/04 - there are only 150 days left of my pregnancy. Of course, this is not the exact number, but close enough to make me freak a little.

So on Monday, I caved and bought maternity jeans. They are great - no panel - but they are a bit big for me, I have to pull them up LOL. Talk about a boost, to wear the size I was before and have them big, I know it is because they are maternity, can't a girl have her moment.

Back to the 150 day thing. 8/16/04 was 150 days ago - that seems like day before yesterday. There is so much to do, and so little time. I think I will start making some lists. Also need to recruit for painting and such.

OK fine so I actually got on here to post some GREAT NEWS!!!! While I am not old, my doctor did want me to go ahead and get the AFP testing. I gave my blood on Jan 3rd at our last appointment, I always end up giving blood while I am there.

THE GOOD NEWS??? All three tests came back NEGATIVE. I know it doesn't rule out everything, but what a relief. It wasn't until after the call that I realized that I wasn't nervous or scared about the outcome. However, I will NEVER turn away good news.

Now we wait on the Cystic Fibrosis test. I am not worried about this one. However, my sweetie and I have a good friend with the disease and my Sweetie also does pro-bono work for The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, so we wanted to make sure. Mind you the outcome will not result in termination, only allowing us time to cope with anything that our future holds.

How can it be 11 days until our level 2 sonogram. I so desperately need to see the little one. Not so much about finding out the sex, but making sure about its health.

Last Friday Amelia came to visit. She is very petite. At 2.5 months she is doing wonderfully. Her neck is strong and holding up her head. She isn't as small as I was afraid, but still a little intimidating.

Monday night our long-time friend, with my Sweetie since 7th grade and me for the last 12.5 years, and wife came to visit. They brought along their 2.5 year old and 5.5 month old. I must say 3 months makes a huge difference. I was not intimidated by this precious child. She is wonderful. Now the 2.5 year old, that is my speed. She was so cute. She went into the dining room, after telling bob hello a million times, and pulled out a chair. She sat down and so cutely said "I want dinner". I asked if she wanted to come and play in the living room and she said "no, I want dinner". We settled it with cheerios and OJ. She is so cute with saying "please" and "thank you". I gave her a color changing plastic spoon so I was very cool. It is blue and turns purple with cold. So every time she pulled out her spoon she would say "purple". I have only seen her 3 times (she is from his wife's first marriage). However, you wouldn't know it - both girls acted like they completely knew us. I think a trip to Dallas is in order for more quality time. My Sweetie even held the younger girl more than I did.

I think we are ready :-)

No comments: