Thursday, January 06, 2005

Work

I am at work still. Yes, it is late, but I do not mind. Today is one of those days that it really hit me that I like what I do. Even with pregnancy brain - which really set in this week - guess it is because I started my 5th month on Monday. The funny thing is that I am wearing my jeans. Yes, the ones I thought were past their prime. Other than having to wear them slightly lower, they fit. I am not obsessed about weight gain during pregnancy, but I do not want to go crazy either - I have enough weight on me already. I think it is because I am carrying high. Although, after 4 months I am still below my pre-pregnancy weight by 5 pounds. My complete aversion to sweets is gone. However, I do not have the sweet tooth that I did before - good thing. One other thing that I noticed is that my tongue allergy to citrus is worsened by a great deal. I will have to be extra careful when choosing foods. I am aching to start walking again. Unfortunately work and the weather keep interfering.

OK I must brag about my Sweetie again - I know as everyone sighs. But he has been the best. He takes such good care of me. I know of many women who were not pampered during pregnancy. I cannot claim that even in a joking fashion. Yesterday I mentioned that I was hungry for Sloppy Joes. So on the way home we stopped and picked up the stuff and he went home to cook everything for me. This is the way it has been since we conceived - before we knew for sure. I do not lift a finger. I must say, if you can live this lifestyle - you should try it. It is all with the goal of keeping me healthy and stress free. So far that is working. Overall, my stress is so much below normal.

CPA is worrying me. My pregnancy brain is changing my ability to comprehend items. I knew that memory loss was normal - but to all of the sudden feel like you are in a bizarro version of Flowers for Algernon. Something entered my body and changed my brain to that of a simpleton. I worry that suddenly while testing that I will forget the simple balance sheet formula taught in accounting 101. This does not mean that I am giving up on the idea. Not by a long shot. I know I can do it, I might just require a little more studying than before baby.

No comments: