Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Pregnant Ramblings

Today I am in a much better mood. Actually the drive home last night helped a lot. It looks like another beautiful day here in Austin. While I love the cold, or at least what we call cold, and rainy days - the weather this week has been uplifting. Yesterday my Sweetie and I had lunch outside - it was wonderful.

I know that you got sick of hearing about me feeling ill - but now it is the exhaustion that is kicking my butt. By 10:30 I pass out as if it is 2am. I sleep for 9 hours and still wake with slight bags under my eyes. The worst part is that I am not even getting up to go to the bathroom during the night - so there goes that excuse.

Remember that list that I keep mentioning - yes I still need to start it. This semester is very busy with my capstone course. It is one thing to slack off when only your grade suffers. This time I have two companies waiting and relying on my analysis and hard work - this means no procrastination. This is so much easier said than done.

Did I mention that I am tired?

I have so enjoyed my time off in-between semesters. It is going to be a struggle to get back into a routine. My Sweetie and I have had so much fun just enjoying each other's company. But it will be so worth it in May. I did find out that my class ends on April 20th. That means I will have three weeks before graduation to focus on baby.
Which is good because I want the nursery finished before graduation. No stress that is only 15.5 weeks away :-)

One issue with this point in my pregnancy is the emotions. I am obviously pregnant now - everyone can tell.
Side note : today while I was waiting for the microwave to heat my lunch, I was speaking with a guy from Revenue. He is a dad and a great guy. He didn't know if I was for sure - smart man - so he asked if I have anything going on outside of work right now. I wish I could tell his wife how good he was.

As my belly expands I think more and more about being pregnant. I also think more and more about my life and being an adult. I think about those who are not here to enjoy this time with me. I think about how my baby will not have a grandfather. Not trying to change the mood of this post - it is just something that I think about. I also think about all the fun we are going to have. And how spoiled she is going to be because of her Grandmothers.

Now the big issue is a name. This is a hard hard hard decision. I want a name that is strong and distinguished. I want something that is feminine but adult.

And in case anyone is wondering - the heart burn arrived this past week. The next 19.5 weeks are going to be interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be the luckiest baby in the world. Boy or girl it is the most loved and wanted baby. That is so easy to tell from your blogs. But as an anonymous person I don't think you need to keep the baby's name a secret from everyone. I can tell how close you are to your mother and I'm sure you never want to keep secrets from her. So don't worry and feel free to to keep her informed.

Love,
Anonymous

Missy said...

Anonymous,

I love you Mama. Sometimes you are silly. I am so glad I am never silly :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure by now, since the second video has been made, that Baby T would have something to say. You may want to keep the name a secret but I'm absolutely positive that Baby T has some very public remarks about the cute little foot that was so obviously shown.