Monday, December 13, 2004

Most Fantastic of Weekends

This weekend was action packed and wonderful.

Friday night we decorated my mom's tree. Due to my brother being sick - it was just my sweetie, my mom, and I. We ventured out for dinner since it was the three of us. I was good and enjoyed myself while watching what I ate. It is nice to know that the waiter will not look at you funny if all you order is soup. Afterwards the tree came together beautifully.

Saturday started early with shopping with my mom. We left my Sweetie to his own devices since she wanted to shop for him :-) We were very productive, energetic, and had a wonderful time. I got home in time for a nap with my Sweetie before getting ready for our date.

Saturday night was perfect. We went to dinner at East Side Cafe. If you are ever in Austin, you should really try it. The location is a home that they converted to an intimate dining atmosphere. They have their own organic garden from which the vegetables and herbs arrive. The food was fantastic, it was my Sweetie and my first time to eat there - my Sweetie heard about it and wanted to take me, thinking I would eat up the atmosphere. He was so correct. The food, however, was beyond words. I had the beef tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, and salad. While I could only eat half of it because of my reduced appetite, my Sweetie did not mind finishing my portions. We finished with sharing a dessert. My Sweetie is not a big dessert fan. However, this time he ate the majority of the pie and scraped all crumbs off the plate. That says a lot.

After dinner was the Concert. We saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It was awesome. They provide music with a rock edge - such as Christmas with rock, or rock opera. My favorite song of theirs is Christmas Eve, which has Carol of the Bells. This is our favorite Christmas Carol. Hearing it in person is even more intense and wonderful. The concert was more like two concerts in one. The first half was Christmas Eve and Other Stories - which in and of itself is a story told by these wonderful songs. The second half is the band playing other songs. One song that they played is coming from the album that they are currently working. It could not have been for fitting for my Sweetie and I; they played O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. This is a very special song for my Sweetie and I. Not only is it a wonderful piece of musical genius, it is also the first Symphony production that we attended. We will always remember this evening. Moreover, to hear it with the rocked out version at this concert brought out all our emotions.

Due to my lack of party animal status at this time, I was exhausted when the concert let out at 10:30. We got home around 11 and headed to bed. It was a very eventful day and I was tuckered out.

Sunday was the normal running around with lunch with friends before the grocery store. It was so good to see them again.

Now I am back at work. It is a cold day so I am seepy. I want to go home and crawl into bed. Alas, tonight my Sweetie and I are going Christmas shopping. That will be a lot of fun. I must find a second wind first.

No comments: