Sunday, December 26, 2004

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a Very Merry Christmas.

Christmas Eve was wonderful. My Sweetie and I hosted our normal gathering. The big thing about my Christmas Eve's is the tradition involved. Not so much tradition, but that each person brings something for the evening. We began the evening with origami snowmen (brought by SIL). This was great fun. The next event was from my mother with Christmas Crackers. We enjoyed the riddles, party hats, and toys. After such clean fun, it was time to get our hands dirty. I brought the event of decorating freshly bakes sugar cookies. This was wonderful. We all made several cookies. They were too beautiful to eat. My MIL offered the same tradition as last year, a taffy pull. This is always fun, esp. since we are learning a little more each year on how to make it easier. This time she added lemon extract for a very nice flavor. After finishing the taffy, we ate more of the finger foods and began on the gifts. Everyone made out with wonderful gifts.

Christmas Morning was extra special. Since this is my Sweetie and my last Christmas morning alone, we made it special. We awoke as normal and began our Christmas tradition of beginning the morning with homemade banana nut bread - provided by my mom and opening presents. Due to my New Closet, our Christmas was slightly smaller than anticipated. This means the gifts were more thought out and personal. I received gifts that prove that my Sweetie remains madly in love with me. I even had a couple of tricks up my sleeve and brought some tears to my Sweetie's eyes with how well I know him. After a slow morning with enjoying gifts and gathering all needed items, I cannot even imagine what next year will be like, we headed to my mom's. Due to my brother working on Christmas, we did not eat until close to six. The food was wonderful and we even played a game of Ninja Burger. My SIL (brother's wife) held a chain and pendant (really an earring) over my belly - according to this I am having a boy - we shall see.

Today was another wonderful day. After the normal grocery shopping, my mother, Sweetie, and I headed over to MotoDiva's for a Boxing Day dinner. Everyone was there and we enjoyed a relaxed day of food and conversation. Before we knew it, the time was past 10:30 and time to head home.

This next week is very special for my Sweetie and me. We both have the next week off and will treat it like a vacation. This is a weeklong celebration of our 7-year anniversary. I am not sure how much I will be able to post during this time, but I will try.

This Christmas was exactly what I wanted. I am so very happy with the memories acquired during this time. Next year will be even better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We nobody's perfect! In all honesty I was sure you were having a boy! Right up until the conclusive sonogram. I've been wrong before and will be again.