Thursday, January 17, 2008

almost back to normal

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIL#1!!!!

Getting back into the normal routine is hard enough on us adults, it is even harder on a 2.5 year old who doesn't understand what happened. I have been exhausted since getting back. Today was the first day that I felt half way normal and right now I am beat. I know it is the adjusting. Adjusting back to work, back to reality, back to the cold, shut it - cold for Austin. All three of us have been going to bed very early.

We walked so much over the vacation and I desperately want to keep that up. Tomorrow is weigh in. I have missed three weeks worth of weighing in. I am down from when I left on my vacation, but up slightly still due to Christmas. That is how it works. I am not beating myself up for it, I am proud of the vacation lack of weight gain.

Two weeks until I get my blood work done again, yep right back to reality. We toyed with the idea of trying to get pregnant over our second honeymoon, but thought better of it as we are still not out of the 6 month waiting period since stopping my meds. And I do want to know where my thyroid is now. I tell you deciding to have the second is so much harder than the first.

I have had several people ask where the photos are. The last two nights we did nothing productive. We ate, played, and went to bed. Hopefully I can get on this weekend and add them to my flicker, too many to post here.

And what the hell happened while I was gone. We went through Atlanta and met some of the rudest people working at the airport. And while no one was truly rude to us in Barbados (less one time at the bus station, but we aren't dwelling on that) and the cruise, I was missing my Austin niceness. Since I have returned I have only come across rudeness. Seriously did something cosmic happen?

It is time for me to go and get my little girl. She grew so much while I was gone. I missed her so much. I know - everyone should be SHOCKED by that. Have a great evening and I will let you know when more photos are up for viewing.

No comments: