Monday, January 21, 2008

such a monday

I am not having a bad day per say. But it is having its moments. We woke up a tad later than we were doing last week. Bug wanted to play and snuggle - not that there is anything wrong with that, we had fun and made sure to squish her properly. But things were off.

And everything hits at once. Our dryer is making strange noises, our lawn mower is dead, our hot water heater is making noises I don't like - though Sweetie assures me that they are the normal sounds. The house is unorganized. I need to start studying for the CPA again and I feel overwhelmed with organizing the house instead of sitting and studying. I know it is procrastination.

The vacation was everything I could have hoped for. Our renewal was beautiful. The surprise was amazing. But now back into reality. I had a semi sad day yesterday. Nothing horrible. But I planned a brunch with my friends and I didn't get to enjoy their company as much as I would have liked. Just an off day.

Today is gloomy outside. It makes me want to crawl onto my couch with a blanket, a Bug, and a Sweetie. And my training for my 10k needs to start this week. Of course, during the week of cold and wet.

Something interesting. I was looking through spreadsheets and found my weigh in from last year. I weigh the same today as I did last year. Just when I thought I had failed and gained weight, I didn't. I may not have lost, but at least I didn't gain. And considering my thyroid roller coaster, it makes me very proud. But it was also a reminder that the scale is not all that. While I am still doing WW and they still focus on weight, I am not focusing on the weight I need to be. I am focusing on one goal at a time and then moving on. I walked so much and did so much on my vacation that I feel much more comfortable in my skin.

Tonight I am hoping to work out and get some chores complete. Add in some snuggles, giggles, hiding, running, "play me"s, and a huge bubble bath and I will be in heaven. This weather is making my skin so dry, I want nothing more than to lather myself in lotion after our bath.

I am feeling better. I am not going to let sadness get to me. Nope nope.

No comments: