Monday, September 03, 2007

be like a duck

In my house, Sandra Boynton rules. BestFriend introduced me to this very wise author. Our current favorite song from the Philadelphia Chickens CD is "Be Like a Duck". My favorite part of this song is as follows:
maybe you'll stroll, maybe you'll fly, maybe you'll float and let the river run by; when the rain starts fallin' let it roll off your back, open up your beak and go quack quack quack.
Septembers are always hard for me. And this year I am not going to let it bring me down. This weekend has been wonderful and I am going to make sure to make sure that my September goes out the same way it came in.

Friday night was date night and we enjoyed sushi, laser tag, and gelato. Saturday and Sunday we spent time on the yard, making it look very nice and added some yellow flowers. We spent time with both Moms. And today was Jambalaya at MotoDiva's. This was a great weekend.

Today was weigh in and I am down 11. That means that this weekend I get a mani/pedi. Of course, after the good food at MotoDiva's, I better be good all week to maintain this loss.

As a way for me to try and be happier about this month, I am going to post something I am thankful for with each day.
1. Being rewarded for being nice - we were helping a neighbor look for his nephew's dog without question. We didn't even know what the dog looked like. Turns out the nephew owns a restaurant and wants to buy us dinner one day this week to pay us back for our help.
2. Feeling in control of our environment and of Sweetie doing so much work on the yard
3. Friends to hang out with - and discussion of potential athletic challenges. And feeling healthier and that my weight is going in the right direction.

4 comments:

the greatest said...

QUACK QUACK QUACK!

Anonymous said...

Love that song! Congrats on the weight loss girl...that is fantastic!

Kami said...

Love that song quote!!

Kat said...

That song quote is GREAT! You are doing so awesome!! :)