Friday, January 23, 2009

need a break

OK so things have been beyond busy. I am doing good, though. I have been having to work late and on the weekends. But other than that, things are good. I moved into my new cubicle and it is different, but good. I have much more space and have been able to keep it tidy.

As far as my new disease, I am doing good. I found a great toothpaste for dry mouth and love my new skin cream. When moving into the new cube I found 5 bottles of eye drops. That is when I realized I have had this for 3.5 years. My eyes simply feel like they have sand in them all the time. I always thought it was due to my Graves' or computer usage. I read that thyroid issues and sjogren's is very common. That makes sense as I think the Graves and Sjoren's came at the same time.

I go in on Feb 2nd to my OB to talk about what this means for baby #2. Then I go to the Rheumatoid Dr on Feb 23. I know that seems kind of backwards, but that is how the scheduling worked out. I tried to get in with another Rheumatoid Dr but his next opening was in April.

I really am trying to take advantage of this down time to get healthier. I worked out twice this week and while my eating needs work, I am trying to be more aware.

Oh and the CMA? What has happened to that? I am still in the game. I have my next test the end of Feb. I begin my super duper studying this weekend. I hope it sticks. I want to be able to take the third section in May/June.

This week was a long and interesting one. Mom got a cat, I adjusted to my new cubicle, gave blood, watched a new president being sworn in, and colored my hair (yet again). I am feeling good today. Yesterday was a hard day, but today has been better.

I was hoping to get out some this weekend for girl time, but I just don't think I am up for it. Something laid back sounds nice.

I think I need a small vacation. Some time to rest and relax without stress sounds very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thirty percent of people with Sjogren's Syndrome have thyroid disease.
Autoimmune conditions tend to run in families. When someone gets one autoimmune condition they are more likely to get another.

The most important thing for someone with Sjogren's who is pregnant is to make sure the doctor is aware of the potential for heart block. It is not common but, is possible.

For more information on Sjogren's Syndrome and related conditions see www.sjogrens.netfirms.com