Sunday, January 11, 2009

Short Lived Comfort

My brother is in town from Alaska. He left 5 months ago and that still sounds strange to me. Well he is visiting. Seems odd, life seems the same to me. I miss him so much but things are "normal" here. He visits and honestly it simply feels like we haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. I know, hard to describe. He looks great. He is down 40 pounds and I am beyond proud of him. We saw him last night and again tonight. I am grateful for any time I get with him. Tonight I made him a healthy dinner. We also had some drinks, cookies, and goldfish - but at least dinner was on track. 

He got me the best present, a heavy sweater with a daisy on it. I ADORE it!!! I plan to wear it until it wears out. He also got Bug a book about Alaska and read it to her, and broke down while reading it. It was awesome. 

T and her family came out to visit too. This made me happy as we all got to share in the visiting of Brother, even if he was very quiet. We have not seen them since August. It was nice to have everyone together. It is short lived as he returns on Tuesday. He said I will see him again. I hope so. 

I had to work late two nights this week and go in today. It isn't so bad as my boss is awesome. However, it was mentioned this might have to happen more and more. I am all about stepping up and helping, but the bottom line is I have a test in 6 weeks. I have to make sure things stay in balance so I can prepare properly. I move to a new (for me) part of the building next week. it is going to be so different, lonelier even I am afraid. Right now I have people all around me to chat with me. The new location is right outside the higher ups' offices. This can be good for career (silver lining and all) but people are hesitant to come to chat when the big boss can see you.

OK off to bed. I plan to sleep in some tomorrow. 

No comments: