Thursday, November 11, 2010

Catch up time

So much has been going on. Last week began my B-day celebration. Wednesday night Sweetie took me to see Sarah McLachlan at the Austin Music Hall. It was awesome, fantastic, beautiful, inspiring. I left feeling better - having been home from work the two days before with Strep. My soul was reset and my mind refocused. The venue was perfect and intimate, but don't get me started on the seating issue we had, it all worked out so I am not focusing on that. I adore that Sweetie and I do things like this. Unfortunately, it was a work night so we didn't have a chance to do anything other than the concert itself.



Then on Friday I took my mom to see Rent at the Zachary Scott theater. We loved the movie but never got a chance to see the play. It was jaw dropping awesome. We had the first row so the actors were right in front of us as they used the stage as well as the floor in front of the stage. They collected funds at the end for AIDS services of Austin. This was very smart as we gave deeply after seeing such a performance. I love seeing live performances. I appreciate the talent and the guts to do it in front of everyone.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday. I love birthdays and I am excited to turn 34. The only problem is that I have a horrible time asking for presents. There truly isn't much that I want. Well, within a reasonable range for a b-day gift. All I truly want is time with people that I love.

I am already in the holiday spirit. It came early for me this year. I don't know if it is because of L, my self confidence, or simply because. But I love it. Last night Bug and I got her hair cut and wandered into Hallmark to get some Christmasy things. We can't start singing or decorating yet. Bug knows that the holiday season begins after my b-day. So I assume on Saturday she is going to have us all festive singing carols and decorating.

Now this is not going to distract me from my weight loss efforts. I am down 35 pounds and really hitting the point where everyone is noticing. I won the weight loss challenge at work - cha ching. I started another challenge here, to not gain weight over the season. I know I can do this. My whole focus with this new lifestyle is to not deprive myself, I say this as I am eating a frosty :-), but to only indulge with things I truly love. Tomorrow night we are going to Outback. I don't plan to be perfect for my b-day, but I didn't want to ruin anything either, so I started looking up the points. Man oh man those are high. I would eat the half ribs with a sweet potato - that is 34 points, I only get 21 a day.

My favorite thing about the loss, underwear. I have many sizes of underwear. When I was heavier I would be behind on the laundry and grab a pair out of the lower regions of my drawer - they would be too small - crap. Well, last week I put a pair on and started getting ready for work. I looked down and thought "wait what size are these, I haven't worn them in some time". Sure enough they were the smaller size in my drawer that would depress me only 4 months before. I am also having this discovery with my bras. Only it isn't only the band that is smaller, poor Sweetie I always lose in the boob first, lol.

I have to admit though, people noticing the loss is really keeping me good. It feels really good for a coworker who hasn't seen me in a month to say "wow, you have been doing good, look at the loss in your face". I know that I am getting closer every day to being the healthy mom that I want to be. And since I am not losing fast, I know that my chances of keeping it off are greatly increased.

No comments: