Sunday, November 21, 2010

life is good

The below was written on Thursday night but never posted - funny how chasing two kids can distract you from finishing a thought.

******************************************
I am happy. Sitting with my babies while drinking mint hot chocolate. Even the massive amount of soreness that I am feeling from my workout yesterday is ok.

I have lunch with Bug tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Gonna be a wonderful time.
And a big family weekend planned for this weekend.

Oh and I have to brag. Sweetie set up my car to have its oil changed. He set it up at 7:00am. Yikes. But he took care of it all. After going to sleep last night, he cleaned the car which also involved hiding what I bought for the kids so far. Then this morning he work up early to take the car in. When he came to kiss me good night he said "the boy is sorted" - this is code for ready. He cleaned and made all L's bottles and took the trash out.
******************************************
Ok back to the current, lol. We came home from our family weekend today. It was really a good time. Yes, it was cold on Friday, but we survived. Makes me think if we moved to a colder climate that we might do well :-) We used the tent I got Sweetie for father's day and it was very nice. And the first night was the only one that was really cold. But we doubled up L's clothes and he was awesome. The Ren Fair was a lot of fun and the time with the family greatly appreciated. My only complaint, the quiet family area for camping is away from the bon fire and such - yay - but it is next to the train track. The train would do the horn all the way past and 4-5 times a night. OMG it was loud. Next year give me the stupid drunks all night - better than being startled awake by the train. Today on the way back we took a detour to Huntsville so Sweetie could make a spot of the prison. Yes, it sounds odd, but we were fairly close and it is something that makes him happy. The drive was beautiful and the kids were awesome. L was in an extra sleepy mood as he has his third tooth coming in. Now for an extra early night as we all are exhausted. But it was worth it.

I am so excited about the Thanksgiving week. I love this time of year, family, friends, and food. I have so much to be thankful for. This weekend was a wonderful reminder.

No comments: