Monday, November 06, 2006

Glich in the Matrix

Strangeness. Ever feel like you are living in the Matrix? I mean seriously. When I interviewed here everyone seemed familiar. One guy, I swear I know him, he even went to SEU - but many years before me. But that happens all the time. When I started I heard the IT guy's name and I was like, hmmm sounds familiar. I then meet him, sure enough also looks familiar. I ask Sweetie if he knows him, he admits the name sound familiar but we cannot place him. Well, a lot of the people here are the same way - familiar but not sure why.

So I have felt this strange sensation that I have been here before. It is the weirdest feeling and one I have never had at a new job. Well, I receive some checks for coding in my in box. I receive them a couple of times a week. Every time the envelopes say "Melissa". However, today it says "Missy". This is very strange as no one knows me here as Missy. But maybe they do?

Another strange thing. I know that I am reporting a week early. But after three weeks of not weighing I got on the scale. I have been BAD, I mean in complete rebellion. Bad food and not exercising. I was dreading the number but told myself that with my birthday I would start being healthier.

Well, I got on and was very excited to see the exact same number. Seriously, I should have gained 10 pounds. But I guess I have not been as bad as I thought. Which makes me want to be good.

And I am feeling very good about myself. I know it sounds vain, but I am having a "man, I'm sexy" day. I love days like this :-)

And on a related note. Sweetie and I were talking this weekend about walking. He wants me to get back into my long distance walking. He says it improves my mood and my confidence. I agree. And there is the perfect amount of time to train for the Austin Half Marathon, pending me getting my butt out of bed in the morning. I am a fair weather walker. While it may not get too cold here in Texas, it is cold enough to want to stay in bed.

So that is what is going on with me today. And I must say that I ROCK. I have been working on a reconciliation for two days. I finally solved it. I feel great. That is one thing about my job, most days are word problems and when you solve the word problem, it feels great.

Now I need to close so I can get my Bug and get home for some "knock your panties off" potatoes.

No comments: