Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Today is a day to be thankful for everyone and everything in your life. I am truly thankful.

We did not make it to the Turkey trot. I was not feeling well yesterday - I think my sinus infection is back - and the extra rest this morning was exactly what I needed. I am feeling much better today. That and Sweetie had to get up at 4am to start the turkey. I can try and put too many traditions into a day - so this year the turkey won :-)

With dinner at 6, we had a relaxing morning and afternoon. I made homemade cheesecake - it was very good. I also made my famous fruit salad. I almost didn't make it - due to the amount of food coming. However, Sweetie insisted. And, I must say, it was the best so far.



The dinner was fantastic. Sweetie's turkey was falling off the bone, as always. We had more than enough and I believe everyone left nicely stuffed.



What I am thankful for this year:
~ A baby that lights up my life
~ A man that bring me more happiness everyday
~ Family that I can depend on
~ SILs that feel comfortable talking with me
~ Friends that I know that I can depend on, even when I am hiding in my hole
~ A job that I really like
~ Learning about my disease so that I can fight it
~ Learning more about myself everyday
~ A beautiful day to celebrate my thanks
~ Having a family doctor that we trust even when semi scary things are said

The last year has felt like a decade. So much is different from last Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the changes, I am even thankful for the confusion and pain associated with the changes.

Sweetie and I did the wishbone. He won. That makes me happy.

No comments: