Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"You have such pretty nails" - coworker yesterday

Blogging at work. That hasn't happened in some time. I have been so busy at work. That is a good thing. I like using my brain. I love solving the problems. I love "closing" and reconciling. I am a sick sick person.

But working also means a hurt shoulder and today a hurt wrist. Blah.

Last night we enjoyed holiday tradition with Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph. And Bug ate soooo good. For those of you who do not know, my Bug would rather do anything but eat. Well, last night it was oatmeal. She fed herself and ate more than most of it. YAY.

I changed my goals - yes again. I am not walking in the Austin Marathon in Feb. I, instead, plan to train for the Cap10k in March - yes you have heard this before. But I believe the shorter distance will allow me to work on speed as well as study for the CPA. I need to start on that. And Sweetie is going to do it with me, although he is running. He started his training last night while Bug and I wandered up and down the street looking at the Christmas lights - it was fun.

Sweetie got me a SWEET GPS pedometer for my b-day. It tells you distance, time, pace, everything you need. I love it. He used it last night for his run and it was great. I cannot wait to use the distance option - it will beep when you reach your distance goal. I am feeling much better today - so tonight might be the night for me to start my training.

I love Christmas - I love the season. Tonight we are putting up more decorations and doing a little shopping.

Today I was lucky enough to have lunch with Sweetie. Mongolian Grill - yum yum. I love that place. He is the best to meet for lunch. He always makes me smile.

I am very emotional today. Both good and bad. But more good. I am just feeling fat. I think it is my meds. I am just so sick of this weight gain. I go in next week to get my blood tested. I hope hope hope they have to reduce the meds and how I am feeling right now is related to Hypo.

Regardless, the new year brings new eating habits. I am not crazy enough to try and start anything right now. Other than my walking - I can start that now without feeling like I am depriving myself. And yoga, I really need to start yoga as well. I think it will help me a lot.

So exercise now and food after the holidays. And the holidays end on my Anniversary - which is in January. So come the 2nd week in Jan watching what I eat will be the focus. I really need to give eating right - for my thyroid - and exercising consistently a try.

I just have to have faith. I know, even with the weight gain, I am much healthier than I was last year at this time. I know it. My attention span, nails, hair, skin, eyes, and other things show it. It is just the weight gain that gets me down. Honestly, if I could just get back to where I was when I was diagnosed, I would be thrilled. My focus is May. When Sweetie and I will have been together for 15 years.

Don't worry - you will get to follow me on my journey.

I will post pictures tonight. But now it is time to go and get that sweet girl of mine.

No comments: