Sunday, August 05, 2007

all about Sweetie

This weekend has been so much fun. Friday night Sweetie and I went to the RoundRock Express game and sat in his company's suite. It was nice and a lot of fun.
Yesterday began with breakfast in bed for Sweetie. Every year I make him turnovers. mmm mmmm good. As he ate them he said "When we are 80 they are going to ask me what makes a happy marriage and I am going to say turnovers." I only make them for his b-day, that means he only gets them once a year. But according to him, that is the kind of thought that makes happiness. I know we are sugary sweet lately.Tonight was dinner. This is bug at dinner. When the waitress asked what she was doing, it is butter on her face , I said "not screaming". I got Sweetie the button maker he has been wanting. If you have spoken to him, you have probably heard him talk about this great great product. If not, go to his iaj page Now he owns one. I was silly and had him open a very cheap button maker first - after hyping it up as the best gift ever. He was so good. While thinking that I made a huge mistake and didn't listen to him at all, his thoughtful comments and thanking me would make you think it was the one he wanted. After opening the remaining gifts, I told him that he was a wonderful husband and gave him the real one. Since the exchange he keeps telling me how I got him and how he was worried for a minute. He said there were a thousand thoughts going through his head that he couldn't believe I thought that was the button maker he wanted. It didn't even make the right size buttons. He tried to tactfully point it out to me by showing me a button. When I responded with "oh that is perfect", he said he just felt crushed. Of course, when he opened the real one he was elated to see the exact one he actually wanted. I received many thank yous and kisses after the real one appeared.

Jim got Sweetie the coolest bottle of whiskey, talk about an adult gift. Currently, Sweetie is at Jim's working on his website or something creative. Bug is taking a nice nap and I have been productive. I spent an hour cleaning out our closet. Man, that alone can work up a sweat. I reward myself with a diet cherry coke, some iTunes, and my friend blogger. All in all, a great weekend. I leave you with a couple of silly pictures. The first is Bug and me playing in the rain - isn't that what the rain is for? And the last is Bug's pose when I told her "say cheese" last night. I don't think she could get much cheesier.

1 comment:

Sheri & SuZan said...

"When the waitress asked what she was doing, it is butter on her face , I said "not screaming"."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I loved this comment! She is adorable Missy.