Saturday, August 18, 2007

i scream for ice cream

Today was the First Annual Ice Cream Festival. Sounds like fun, yes? I mean, I love ice cream, I love free admission, and I love activities for kids.

First, it was hot. OK, not hot but DAMN hot. We were sweating in line to buy tickets. Which brings me to my next complaint. We had to buy tickets to do anything. Tickets to do the kids stuff makes sense to me. But no, you had to buy tickets for all food and drink and the tickets were 1=$1, so you didn't feel like you were getting a deal.

Then there is the fact that for the "festival" there was only like 6 ice cream booths, and they were all local shops - which I am all for - but nothing new.

Then you get to the fact that they were running out of ice cream. Running out? A guy working the festival explained that they only expected 3,000 people and there were 10,000 so far. Uhm, it was advertised on one of the big stations several times a day, in August, and it was ice-cream.

I spent a total of 0 points while we were there. I did get an ice tea, but no ice-cream. I was not going to wait in the heat for 40 minutes for ice cream that I can get any day. I shall get some tonight. We were disappointed. We left red faced, at least Bug and I did as we are so very fair that we get red cheeks in the sun. Bug was very good. But we had the most fun when we were exploring the park and the walk to and from the car. It was just so hot. And Sweetie has been very busy making buttons. I think he just might love his button maker. 13 days down/ 77 to go

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, I thought about going to that. So glad I didn't!

Anonymous said...

ooh girl, we went to the same thing....and it was lame lame lame. We stood in several lines, only to be told they were OUT of ice cream, then the one place that DID have ice cream, it was PB Soy Ice Cream, which tasted terrible. The only thing I had was iced tea also. :( I need to make a note, and remind myself to never go to festivals at Waterloo park, because they are always terrible.