Thursday, August 23, 2007

things are a changin'

I know it has only been 2.5 weeks, but I have good things to report. I have worked out 15 times. That is HUGE for me. I cannot remember the last time I actually followed a program for this long. Even with my walking with TNT, I was not good about all the walks. I have been working out six days a week and eating so much better. I have logged my points and made better choices.

The most exciting thing is that I am already seeing results. I am feeling thinner, healthier, stronger, and more flexible. This is a great beginner program because you don't do dumbed down versions of exercises. Sweetie does many of the same exercises that I do in his intense program. It is a real workout. Sweetie tells me that he can see the changes as well. I cannot wait until Day 30 when I remeasure and take progress photos.

I have been focusing on this program and not my walking, as I don't want to over do it and injure myself. The IBM 10k training starts next week. The plan is still for LiveStrong (5k) on Oct 13th and IBM (10k) on Oct 21. However, if my knee does not cooperate, I might simply focus on LiveStrong.

And I have to say that Bug is the best little trainer ever. When I exercise she has to have her own yoga mat out. She will even do some of the stretches and kicks with me. On Saturday we were all in bed snuggling and contemplating starting our day. I mentioned that I had to workout when we finally got up. Bug left the bed. She came back with my workout shoes, placed them on my stomach and said "Go"! She will also say "yay Mommy", randomly while I work out. Talk about motivation. I am feeling really good. My energy level is back up. I am feeling very in control of my life right now. That is a nice feeling.

Now, Bug and I are watching The Lion King. It is a girl's night for us. So I must close the post and get back to our girl fun; nails and a bubble bath are in order.

Man I love this movie: "he lives on in you" and "it is in the past, you can either run from it, or learn from it".

18 days down/72 to go

1 comment:

Kat said...

YAY for you!!!!

If I someone as adorable as Bug cheering me on, I too, would be inspired!

I think what you are doing is great!!! Keep on going girl, you are awesome! :)