Monday, August 20, 2007

goodbye

Sweetie's Grandpa passed away today. He was not my "in-law". He was my grandpa too. For nearly half of my life I knew him. He was a great man, a proud man, a fun man. He would tell me stories and show me photos. About two and a half years ago his mind started to deteriorate. He moved into a facility earlier this year and quite frankly, was no longer the man we knew. He created a safe environment on the inside and chose to stay there. The brain is a very complex and interesting organ. And while we knew he was on "comfort care" and knew it was coming soon, it still hurts. He was the last of the grandparents. I am waiting to hear when services will be and what MIL needs from us.

Today has been filled with drama and emotion. Life is just too short for drama. Not that we shouldn't be happy. Sometimes reaching happiness requires drama.

Kiss and hug your loved ones. They are your everything.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. :)

Kat said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man inside and out.

So very sorry to hear he is gone, it is never easy to lose anyone, and when the mind goes, it hurts even more.

(((HUGS)))

all my love to you and yours.