Saturday, November 17, 2007

Beginning the Season

Happy Birthday Daddy! Today is my Dad's b-day, he would be 62. As we do, we did our shopping. And since everyone started the holidays early this is the first year we have been surrounded by Holiday Music/Decorations/General Cheer on a full blown level. This was very fun. This is my favorite time of year. Not for the presents, but for the fun, the family, the tradition. Even the station that goes "all holiday music" started the fun early. Normally they start the day after Thanksgiving. Nope today the music was on. I could go on and on about the marketing concepts that corporate America is pushing on us and how it isn't about making the cheer of the season last longer but rather more paychecks in the season making you spend more. But you know what? I won't do it, I love the season and I am going to enjoy the extended version.

We had the best day. BestFriend joined us for a short time with lunch. She is wonderful and asked me and Mom to tell her about my Dad. We were crying for most of lunch. But it was a good time.

Shopping on this day is a tradition for Mom and me. But I think this year we accomplished the least amount of actual shopping, lol. We ended up browsing jewelry stores. With the upcoming 10th wedding anniversary coming up, Sweetie and I are getting new wedding bands. This has me on a hunt for a new "engagement" type of ring. Well, long story short, Mom and I went from store to store looking at their offerings. This was fun as what I want this time is more non-traditional.

At the end of the day we laughed that we didn't do much actual shopping but it was one of the most fun shopping days we have had. Thank you, Sweetie, for watching Bug for me.

This week was very good. Not only did I have my b-day, a good week at work, Bug's Thanksgiving lunch at school, had a weight loss at WW, and a fun shopping day, but I also got in contact with an old friend. This friend was actually a friend of my brother's and more of my "big sister". She was awesome and I felt a great loss when she moved away. Not to dwell on that at all. Time has passed, everything has changed, circumstances are understood, and well... life happens. But thanks to Brother's boss being out of town and him surfing the 'ol my*spa*ce, he re-found this friend. I received a warm email from her today and I can't wait to get back in contact. When she last saw me, I was 15. Things have changed a tad bit since then.

Thanksgiving is next week. I can't wait. I have a ton of cleaning to do, but such is life. I love Thanksgiving. Reflecting on what we are thankful for is always important. And it is supposed to be cold and rainy for the day. Perfect weather, IMHO.

Today I am thankful for the people in my life. I am so very lucky to have such amazing people around me.

** I forgot to add, I got my test results back. While my thyroid is lower, which means closer to Hyper than it was 1.5 months ago, it is still normal. I am getting rid of my Endo. Not because of her, but because of her rude ass staff. I get my levels checked again in January. However, I am living as if I am in remission, regardless of how long I get to enjoy it. Which means if all goes well, we may be able to start thinking of trying for #2 in March (six months being off anti-thyroid medicines). We shall see, a lot can happen between now and then. My focus is being as healthy as I can in the meantime.

No comments: