Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

It is that time of year again, time to give thanks. This year I am not feeling up to par, allergies are kicking my butt. My response is to take the holiday as stress free as possible. The house isn't perfect, the floor isn't spotless, Bug's room is a mess from us putting in her big girl bed (a twin now). But none of that matters. What matters is family, quality time with loved ones, and being thankful.

I am thankful for so much this year.
  • For my Mom. I am thankful that she is so close to me. I am thankful for her expressions of what a great mom I am.
  • For my home, my job, my health.
  • For my friends and family.
  • For me. I am learning more about myself everyday and I like who I am. I may not be the weight that I want but that is ok. When I look at what I have accomplished at the weight I am now or higher, I cannot complain.
  • But above all else, I am thankful for Sweetie and Bug. They are my life, my support system, and my constant reminder of good in the world.
This morning Bug reminded me again of how thankful I am. This is the first year for Bug to enjoy to parade. She and I sat on the floor watching in awe. She is amazing. Here we are, watching the fun - of course straight from bed. Here is Sweetie and Bug. Sweetie smokes the turkey every year. He wakes up early and tends to the temp and I wake up to his wonderful kiss and him smelling of smoked turkey. This is what makes my Thanksgiving. May everyone have a wonderful and safe holiday. Take time to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Bug is so darn cute!