Thursday, July 24, 2008

the life of a mother

This morning Sweetie left us early for his quarterly company meeting. Bug and I were getting ready pretty slowly - but no real surprise.

That is until I went to brush her hair.

I came across some knots, not out of the norm. I moved her hair aside and saw her ear. OMG so bad. A TON of drainage. I check her, no fever.

I call work and let them know I will be late if not out today. I call the ENT, Dr not in (shit), but they will call in drops since she doesn't have a fever. I call CVS and ask for the rx to be filled then - 15 minutes, not to bad. We eat breakfast sitting on the kitchen floor - we are cool like that. We get the meds, get her to school - no fever so she can go. She didn't want me to drop her off, of course.

She has been at school without any problems, no calls at least. I am going to sneak out and get her and check on her. I hate it when my baby doesn't feel well.

And being the way I am, I took a picture of the ear. Everyone I have shown it to has said it looks horrible. Good, at least I wasn't over reacting. Don't worry I will post it.

In other news, my morning sickness is here. YAY. That was sarcasm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, post the pic. Must see grossness.

Youngest son's ear drained like that after he had tubes. Sometimes the drops worked, sometimes he needed antibiotics as well.

Good luck. No one likes their babies to be sick. Even when their babies are 19!

Katie said...

Poor little thing! Amazing how much they can handle when they're little! My boys are sick too. It SUCKS! Glad you're feeling sick! ;)