Monday, July 28, 2008

to which i say Blah


I am emotional today. I feel lazy, fat, useless. OK I know I am none of these things, but I don't feel up to doing anything and that makes me feel worse. I know I am talking in circles. And I am trying to study. No real stress there, just trying to find the time.

And then to top it off, my biggest reason for being emotional - less the pregnancy of course - is Brother. My Brother is moving. And not just moving, he is moving to Alaska. And not in a few months, on 8/15/08. He has always lived near me. Even when we weren't talking on an almost daily basis he was close by. This is the first time he will be away. And it is very emotional. I am going to miss him. Sure we will have phones and Internet. But it will be different. The holidays are going to be so different. I am so excited and at the same time so sad about the upcoming changes.

I want him to be happy, I want him to find himself, to experience life. But in a selfish way, I want him to do that here. Google maps says that it is over 4,200 miles of driving between us. That doesn't make for a quick weekend get away to see him. I just worry about him and like having him around.

So today I am emotional. But as I reminded Mom last night, we focus on what needs to be done and show our emotions after. We handle stressful situations well.

Things are just changing and quickly.

2 comments:

Crista said...

*hugs*

I feel your pain re: processing quick change!!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I know how hard it is my sister and her family are in Africa for 2 years. She just had her third baby a month ago and I won't get to see her till we go over at Christmas. It is hard but Alaska sounds really cool.

Skype is the best thing ever and it is free. Just need a web cam and you can see eachother and talk. Works awesome with little ones.