Saturday, July 05, 2008

What a great weekend

This has been a great weekend so far, and it isn't even over. Thursday was awesome with a lunch with Sweetie's coworkers in celebration of him. No real reason, not an anniversary or promotion, they just wanted to make sure he knew how much he was appreciated. It was awesome. They even gave him two bound books of the work he has done over the last 2.5 years.

Sweetie's day continued to improve as after he left from work. He went to Mom's as I was there with a horrible headache. It was so bad I had to leave work early and go straight to sleep - Mom's house is closer to work than mine so I went there. BAD MIGRAINE. Anyway, I was awake and we were outside when he arrived. Bug ran to the door at top speed. I let her in and she ran and picked up a bag and took it to him. She said. "this is for you". Shocked, he said "for me?" I told him that we wanted to continue the celebration from lunch.

He opened the bag and started to laugh as he felt the kiosk SWAG type pen wrapped in tissue. As he unwrapped it, his face changed quickly from humor to being ecstatic. You see, what Bug gave him wasn't a pen.

It was a digital pregnancy test. And his ecstatic response was based on the "pregnant" listed as plain as day. He looked at me yelled OMG and Yay and some other happy words. He then looked at me all serious and said "are you sure?" I smiled and said "blood test confirmed". He kissed and hugged me. He hasn't stopped smiling at me.
So once again, we have the luck of getting pregnant the first month of trying. Before you think I am bragging, please know morning sickness has already set in. So much for having a fun "trying" phase. I am doing ok. I am sicker this time already. I have been fighting a headache, and I have a sore throat. I walked yesterday and I enjoyed a nice nap today and leisurely studying. It hasn't sunk in all the way. I keep telling people hoping it will be more real. Don't get me wrong we are beyond excited. But it is hard to believe that, God willing, we are going to be a family of four in March.

I know this is early to post. However, the way I see it, if something horrible happens, I will need my friends to support me. The good news is my thyroid is healthier and I am starting out over 20 pounds lighter than last time.

BestFriend was the first to know, I then blurted it out to my Mom. I knew at that point that planning in a big way to tell Sweetie, wasn't going to happen. I have a big mouth.

Last time was princess pregnancy. This time is queen pregnancy. And yes, the queen has already begun ruling.

Life is Wonderful.
She is going to make the best big sister.

**Ok quick story, I have been having symptoms and last week Bug told me out of the blue, "there's a baby in there". I was due to start on Thursday so I tested on Wednesday. I got a negative. I tested again on Thursday and received a positive. At the dr I took the urine test, it came back negative (of course my pee was practically clear to how much I am drinking). The dr said "we have seen the result of you being pregnant, so I want to know for sure today". He put a stat on the blood test and they told me he would get the official answer in 2 hours. About 2.5 hours later he called me on my cell. Indeed the answer was positive.

2 comments:

T.E. Wallace said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

We are so very thrilled and hopeful for ALL of you. Whatever you need, just ask. We are here to help. Support, handle holding, prayers, irrational emotional venting, happy warm fuzzy vibes, late night craving foraging, anti-nausea remedies, shoulders to lean and/or cry on. We love all of you! ((HUGS))

Sheri & SuZan said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! Take care of yourself!