Thursday, July 08, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaccccck

I m beyond behind at work, but that is ok. I am enjoying what I am doing again. Part of it is knowing L is being taken care of. My brain simply works better when I have work to do. My boss has been awesome, which helps a ton.

I got my Rx for my happy pills filled - and it is going to cost me $0. I love promotional coupons. I am also getting back into my walking this week and begin training for the Turkey Trot. Yay. In the work challenge I need to still lose 4.25 pounds before Aug 6th. I can do that. And the lingering weigh in will keep me good during Sweetie's b-day.

Two kids, two jobs, a house to maintain (or at least try), and trying to find one on one time together is not the easiest combination in a marriage. But I am happy to say we are doing it. And while I am getting frustrated easier and using Sweetie as a easy target, our communication is better. We are getting the whole routine of two kids down while trying to keep things even. With Bug it was easier as it was two of us splitting her care. Now there are two that need our attention and in very different ways.

This week has really made me feel more like myself again. My pregnancy was hard and filled with fear of another miscarriage. Then there is the whole lack of sleep, recovering from surgery, dealing with hormones part.

Last night I was having a frustrated moment and took it out on Sweetie. I admit it. He came in calm asking if that is what I was doing. Now in the moment I didn't admit it, I am still a woman. But I know it is true. Instead of wallowing in the frustration and complaining about this and that, I decided "do something about it". I know that sounds easy, but sometimes all the "to-dos" and frustrations take over. So I made myself stop and think about what was the one thing bothering me then and I dealt with it. Baby steps. I got the dishes done, then I picked clothes out for me and the kids, prepped the bottles for school, and took a nice long shower. To a new mom, even a new again mom, the shower is the end all. It can make your whole day. I did all of this while Sweetie put Bug to bed. I went to bed feeling accomplished, less stressed, and ready for the next day. I know this is common knowledge to a lot of people. But I just don't have the habits yet. I am working on it.

Another thing I did was plan for my next test. I am pumped. I have an email in to the IMA They changed the format in May and I have to find out how the section I took relates to the new way. I even contacted my study guide company and they told me that the items for the new version will be of no charge and it is simple switch on their end. That made my day. Now to get into a routine that stops my frustration from being overwhelming and able to get my studying and exercising in. Oh and take care of the kids and the house and work....oh no here comes the frustration again ;-) One step at a time. I need to make a list and do what I can. The most important part of my day is spending time with my kids.

Now off to finalize the last details for G's b-day tomorrow. It is going to be fun.

No comments: